FA launches investigation against vice-chair of Women’s Committee

 

The FA has launched an investigation into allegations of serious misconduct by its vice-chair of the Women’s Committee.

Elaine Oram is accused of being part of an alleged cover-up during an FA inquiry into an assault charge against football coach Anthony Spencer.

Oram is one of the highest-ranked women officials in the organisation.

It is alleged she failed to intervene and stop her head of discipline at the Nottinghamshire FA, Ezekiel Teya, from continuing to mislead an appeal panel over a period of several months and at a hearing last week.

Spencer was charged in September following an altercation with youths and given until October 1 to respond. But it emerged the Notts FA heard his case on September 29, before Spencer had the chance to respond.

His club, Nottingham FC, complained to the FA in the first week of October. Teya allegedly told them in an email that the hearing was on October 2.

Elaine Oram

When the panel ordered him to produce documents to prove that, he allegedly said the relevant emails had been deleted.

The Notts FA then sent a written submission admitting the hearing took place in September – and that Spencer had been correct all along.

Further investigations revealed Teya allegedly misled the panel on a number of occasions about the date of the hearing, while Oram had allegedly been aware since before Christmas that the information being provided was false – but failed to act.

Read AlsoIFF begins investigation into Zlatan, Lukaku clash

Spencer has won his appeal and the panel have ordered an investigation into the conduct of both Oram and Teya.

Oram said: “I refute any wrong doing on my part.”

An FA Spokesperson said: “We can confirm we are investigating a matter involving the Nottinghamshire FA.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *