Carlo Ancelotti’s home was reportedly raided by balaclava-clad burglars.
A safe was said to have been stolen from the house when masked raiders targeted the Everton manager’s home.
As first reported by the Liverpool Echo, police were called to the house in Blundellsands, Crosby, Merseyside, shortly after 6.30pm.
It was reported that Ancelotti’s daughter was at home at the time of the raid, and disturbed two balaclava-clad men, who then ran from the house.
They grabbed the safe before fleeing – although thankfully nobody inside the house was hurt.
Ancelotti, the former Chelsea, Real Madrid and AC Milan boss, is not believed to have been home at the time of the raid.
A statement a spokesperson for Merseyside Police said: “We are appealing for information after a safe was stolen in a burglary in Crosby on Friday evening.
“We were called at 6.35pm to a report two males had entered a property at around 6.30pm.
“The offenders were described as wearing black waterproof clothing, possibly with white writing on, and black balaclavas.
“The property will be forensically examined and CCTV opportunities are being explored.”
The incident comes just days after Ancelotti admitted how much he was enjoying living in the area after taking charge of Everton in December 2019.
Read AlsoEverton Women midfielder Izzy extends contract to 2023
In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the 61-year-old said: “I have to be honest, I feel really good here.
“I don’t feel a lot of pressure. I live in a nice area. There is a really strong relationship with the supporters. There are not a lot of critics.”
Last year, he told the New York Times: “It’s a beautiful place. It’s close to the sea.